GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER
AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
Read carefully before signing.
In consideration of Fermanagh and Omagh District Council granting me permission to participate in the 2022 ‘FEAR’ event organised and run by Fermanagh and Omagh District Council in and around County Fermanagh, on Saturday 24 September 2022, the undersigned, on behalf of his/her heirs, successors, executors, administrators and assigns agrees:
- I am 18 years of age or older.
- Prior to participating in any event in the ‘FEAR’, I will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used by me during that event. If I believe there is a safety issue with either the equipment or the facilities, I will bring this matter to the immediate attention of the nearest official. If the safety issue is not resolved to my satisfaction, I will remove myself from participation in the event;
- I understand that I may be engaging in activities that involve risks of serious injury, including permanent disability and/or death; severe social and/or economic losses which might not only occur from my actions or omissions, but also from the negligent or intentional actions or omissions of others, from the rules of play and their application, from the condition of the premises and/or equipment and from other sources known or unknown. I knowingly and freely assume all risks, both known and unknown, and accept any and all responsibility for my safety and welfare; I will comply with all instructions given to me by the Organiser’s officers, employees and volunteers, stewards and any member of the support services, and use any equipment as directed and not so as to hurt or injure myself or others. I accept any decision of the organiser officers as final and binding.
- “I am sufficiently fit and healthy to safely participate in the event and do not suffer from any medical condition which would adversely affect my ability to safely participate in all activities at the event.” I accept sole responsibility for any health and medical expenses from any physical or mental problem existing or occurring during the ‘FEAR’ or resulting from any type of injury incurred by me during the ‘FEAR’. While the Host may provide to participants very limited first aid for an injury occurring during the participating event, I am solely responsible for the health and medical expenses as stated above.
- To fully release, discharge and hold harmless the Organiser, Fermanagh and Omagh District Council and all other persons and entities, including but not limited to, partner organisations, sponsors, agencies, corporations, associates, staff, volunteers, providers of first aid and independent contractors, from any and all claims, actions, liabilities and causes of action, whether involving negligence or intentional actions or omissions which I and/or any of my heirs, successors, executors, administrators, agents or assigns may now have or which may accrue as a result of my voluntary participation in any of the sporting or non-sporting activities in connection with the ‘FEAR’.
- To indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Organiser, Fermanagh and Omagh District Council and all other persons and entities associated in anyway therewith for any liability, demand, judgment, or claim including reasonable costs and solicitor fees, arising out of or in connection with my acts or omissions or allegations thereof as a participant in any of the sporting or non-sporting activities related to or in connection with the ‘FEAR’;
- “GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER”
I acknowledge that I execute this “General Release of Liability and Waiver” freely and voluntarily, and do not rely on any inducements, promises or representations made by the aforementioned organisations or individuals involved in the ‘FEAR’, or of any person associated in any way with the ‘FEAR’.
- The undersigned grants the Organiser, Fermanagh and Omagh District Council the world-wide right to use:
(i) The undersigned’s name, photograph, voice or likeness and biographical information; and
(ii) Filmed or taped footage, photography and integrated media of the ‘FEAR’ to advertise or promote any sponsor of the ‘FEAR’ in association with the Organiser and/or the ‘FEAR’, or to promote the ‘FEAR’ in all forms of marketing and advertising.
It is specifically understood that:
(iii) The undersigned is not hereby endorsing any sponsor’s products.
In consideration of Fermanagh and Omagh District Council granting me permission to participate in the 2022 ‘FEAR’ organised and run by Fermanagh and Omagh District Council in and around County Fermanagh, on Saturday 24 September 2022, the undersigned, on behalf of his/her heirs, successors, executors, administrators and assigns agrees:
- To abide by all the rules and regulations of the Organiser.
- To refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages or using any other substance in a manner that would increase, decrease or impair my level of performance during my participation in the sporting activities of the ‘FEAR’.
- To refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including without limitation physically or verbally assaulting or abusing any official, competitor, spectator, volunteer, or any person involved in the conduct and management of the ‘FEAR’. Any such conduct may meet with expulsion from the ‘FEAR’ and appropriate criminal and/or civil action against me.
- To refrain from damaging facilities and/or equipment in any manner, including the unauthorized removal of equipment from the ‘FEAR’ venues.
- To be filmed, photographed or interviewed as a participant in the ‘FEAR’ when requested to do so by any official of the Organiser.
I acknowledge that I execute this
“ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RULES AND REGULATIONS” freely and voluntarily and do not rely on any inducements, promises or representations made by the aforementioned organisations or individuals involved in the ‘FEAR’, or of any person associated in any way with the ‘FEAR’.
Competitors are advised they should consider taking out adequate personal insurance protection and ensure that this includes cover to compete in sports.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand this “GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY & WAIVER, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RULES & REGULATIONS” and agree to all of their conditions.
I confirm that I do not:
Have any symptoms of COVID-19 at this time of or within the 14 days before FEAR including the following:
- a fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater). A high temperature is feeling hot to the touch on your chest or back (you don’t need to measure your temperature). You may feel warm, cold or shivery.
- a loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
I have not been in close contact with anyone who is suspected of or confirmed as having Covid-19 within the 14 days before this event and/or have been advised by Track and Trace to self-isolate.
I am not undergoing testing for suspected Coronavirus.
I do not reside in an area that is under local lockdown.
I have not resided or been out of the UK/Ireland within the 14 days before this event.