GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER
AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
Read carefully before signing.
In consideration of Fermanagh Events granting me permission to participate in the 2020 ‘FEAR’ event organised and run by Fermanagh Events in and around County Fermanagh, on Saturday 26 September 2020, the undersigned, on behalf of his/her heirs, successors, executors, administrators and assigns agrees:
- I am 18 years of age or older.
- Prior to participating in any event in the ‘FEAR’, I will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used by me during that event. If I believe there is a safety issue with either the equipment or the facilities, I will bring this matter to the immediate attention of the nearest official. If the safety issue is not resolved to my satisfaction, I will remove myself from participation in the event;
- I understand that I may be engaging in activities that involve risks of serious injury, including permanent disability and/or death; severe social and/or economic losses which might not only occur from my actions or omissions, but also from the negligent or intentional actions or omissions of others, from the rules of play and their application, from the condition of the premises and/or equipment and from other sources known or unknown. I knowingly and freely assume all risks, both known and unknown, and accept any and all responsibility for my safety and welfare; I will comply with all instructions given to me by the Organiser’s officers, employees and volunteers, stewards and any member of the support services, and use any equipment as directed and not so as to hurt or injure myself or others. I accept any decision of the organiser officers as final and binding.
- “I am sufficiently fit and healthy to safely participate in the event and do not suffer from any medical condition which would adversely affect my ability to safely participate in all activities at the event.” I accept sole responsibility for any health and medical expenses from any physical or mental problem existing or occurring during the ‘FEAR’ or resulting from any type of injury incurred by me during the ‘FEAR’. While the Host may provide to participants very limited first aid for an injury occurring during the participating event, I am solely responsible for the health and medical expenses as stated above.
- To fully release, discharge and hold harmless the Organiser, Fermanagh Events and all other persons and entities, including but not limited to, partner organisations, sponsors, agencies, corporations, associates, staff, volunteers, providers of first aid and independent contractors, from any and all claims, actions, liabilities and causes of action, whether involving negligence or intentional actions or omissions which I and/or any of my heirs, successors, executors, administrators, agents or assigns may now have or which may accrue as a result of my voluntary participation in any of the sporting or non-sporting activities in connection with the ‘FEAR’.
- To indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Organiser, Fermanagh Events and all other persons and entities associated in anyway therewith for any liability, demand, judgment, or claim including reasonable costs and solicitor fees, arising out of or in connection with my acts or omissions or allegations thereof as a participant in any of the sporting or non-sporting activities related to or in connection with the ‘FEAR’;
- “GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER”
I acknowledge that I execute this “General Release of Liability and Waiver” freely and voluntarily, and do not rely on any inducements, promises or representations made by the aforementioned organisations or individuals involved in the ‘FEAR’, or of any person associated in any way with the ‘FEAR’.
Signature of Entrant.
Print Name of Entrant.
In consideration of Fermanagh Events granting me permission to participate in the 2020 ‘FEAR’ organised and run by Fermanagh Events in and around County Fermanagh, on 26 September 2020, the undersigned, on behalf of his/her heirs, successors, executors, administrators and assigns agrees:
- To abide by all the rules and regulations of the Organiser.
- To refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages or using any other substance in a manner that would increase, decrease or impair my level of performance during my participation in the sporting activities of the ‘FEAR’.
- To refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct or any conduct bringing discredit upon the law enforcement and firefighting professions of the ‘FEAR’, including without limitation physically or verbally assaulting or abusing any official, competitor, spectator, volunteer, or any person involved in the conduct and management of the ‘FEAR’. Any such conduct may meet with expulsion from the ‘FEAR’ and appropriate criminal and/or civil action against me.
- To refrain from damaging facilities and/or equipment in any manner, including the unauthorized removal of equipment from the ‘FEAR’ venues.
I acknowledge that I execute this
“ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RULES AND REGULATIONS” freely and voluntarily and do not rely on any inducements, promises or representations made by the aforementioned organisations or individuals involved in the ‘FEAR’, or of any person associated in any way with the ‘FEAR’.
Competitors are advised they should consider taking out adequate personal insurance protection and ensure that this includes cover to compete in sports.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand this “GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY & WAIVER, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RULES & REGULATIONS” and agree to all of their conditions.
Signature of Entrant:
Print Name of Entrant:
Images, in the form of photos, videos and interviews, will be taken on the day of the race; Fermanagh Events would like to use these images in Event communications, in promotional material to include social media, on the FEAR website, in leaflets and printed publications and/or in the media.
You have the right to request the image(s) is removed/deleted but please note, depending on where the image(s) is used, removal/deletion may not be achievable. Please contact Joanne Cunningham on 0300 303 1777 for further information.
|Please tick to confirm consent
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, Fermanagh Events has a legal duty to protect any data we hold on you.
Signature of Entrant
Print Name of Entrant